- This event has passed.
Speaker Series: Flatly Authentic Digital Design
04/04/2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Today’s world is full of open, and airy, beautiful, tediously identical, and unusable designs. Trends shouldn’t be taken too far, and we can easily make modern interfaces that work. But being authentically digital doesn’t just mean removing gradients and woodgrains. Let’s keep our principles in mind, and design for how people expect their various devices to work for them.
About Our Presenter:
Our presenter Steven Hoober wrote the book on mobile design patterns, and is best known for his ongoing research into how people really use touchscreen phones and tablets. He has been doing mobile and multi-channel design since 1999, designing the first Google mobile search, the first mobile app store (for Sprint), mobile browsers including parts of the Samsung one you might be using right now, websites like Weather.com and Lowe’s home improvement, and apps for companies like Hallmark, US Bank and Cummins diesel. Steven maintains a repository of mobile design and development information including all the content from the O’Reilly book Designing Mobile Interfaces at the 4ourth Mobile Patterns Wiki, regularly writes for UX Matters magazine, and UX Magazine, among other writing and speaking.
- Cost at the door is free for UXPA members (Associate or Global – join today), Level 5 Employees, or Students, and $5 for non-UXPA Members and guests – all funds support UXPA KC event and operating fees (and additional donations are, of course, heartily welcomed)
- Reserve tickets via Eventbrite
- Mingling starts at 6:00 PM, speaker starts shortly after 6:30 PM
- Level 5 is located at 7301 W 133rd St #301, Overland Park, KS 66213
- If you have venue leads, or want to participate as a panelist or speaker, let us know!
We are currently searching food sponsors for this event – if you happen to know of/own a great venue or are willing to set us up with dinner for the night please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience design at UXPA KC – first Mondays, monthly!